TM1 Contributor Workflow

Anusha
OLAP Product: Cognos TM1
Version: 10.2.2
Excel Version: 2007

TM1 Contributor Workflow

Post by Anusha »

Hai to All,

I am facing some problem with workflow, when i add web sheets into workflow in performance modeler I am getting error, "TM1 web clients must be included when web sheets are included".
Can anyone please solve my problem.
thanks
Attachments
webclient error.PNG
webclient error.PNG (6.76 KiB) Viewed 4221 times
mvaspal
Community Contributor
OLAP Product: tm1
Version: 10 2 2 - 2.0.5
Excel Version: From 2007 to 2013

Re: TM1 Contributor Workflow

Post by mvaspal »

Hi
I assume only Insight has been enabled for this Application (or TM1 server?). Websheets will work only on TM1 Applications Web, not in Cognos Insight.
Anusha
OLAP Product: Cognos TM1
Version: 10.2.2
Excel Version: 2007

Post by Anusha »

Hello Mvaspal,

Thanks for your reply, I have checked with your suggestion but no luck still I am facing same error. Can you please share any ideas or document for this.

Thanks
Attachments
performance modeler.PNG
performance modeler.PNG (11.43 KiB) Viewed 4174 times
mvaspal
Community Contributor
OLAP Product: tm1
Version: 10 2 2 - 2.0.5
Excel Version: From 2007 to 2013

Post by mvaspal »

try to login to the pmpsvc portal, go to "Administer IBM Cognos TM1 Applications", and make sure Tm1 Applications Web is listed under clients

Sorry, no other idea
Trevor MacPherson
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 10.2
Excel Version: None

Post by Trevor MacPherson »

There are two places that would be checked for clients - the configuration (which must have clients available to offer them to a specific configuration) and then the application properties.

In the configuration, you should see something like http://servername:9510/tm1web/Contributor.jsp
at least since 10.2.2 - would have been similar but an ASP page prior. Of course, I can see that you are using cell security to implement application rights, and that would indicate this is 10.2.2 or greater.

In the application properties, you should have TM1 Application Web, but from your screenshot I see TM1 Web, although the error is asking about TM1 Application Web, which is interesting - I'd expect both the name of the client, and the warning to use it, were updated at the same time, yet these are different for you... the displayname and name of clients can be different though, and yours may simply be the result of adding later... but I'd take a look at my pmpsvc.config file (not fmpsvc.config) located in the configuration directory of your application server and make certain I have a client that looks like this:
<client id="thinClient" type="html-new" uri="http://servername:9510/tm1web/Contributor.jsp">

One fine point of correction
Post by mvaspal » Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:53 pm Websheets will work only on TM1 Applications Web, not in Cognos Insight.
- you can actually use a websheet with Cognos Insight, but only as an embedded web page, not as a "Contributor" multi-tabbed widget tab. I wouldn't mention it except a number of folks do this, and it more or less works.