Things I can't do in Performance Modeler

cwpoll
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 10.2, 11
Excel Version: 2016

Things I can't do in Performance Modeler

Post by cwpoll »

I'm trying to be a good, modern user and utilize the PM interface. I do see the advantages, and know that a lot of the features for PAW will require me to use PM. However, I feel like I'm missing some critical pieces. Am I just missing something, or are some of these things not possible in PM?

Default and Public/Private Subset and Cube Options
Is the concept of default subsets and default cube views, or public/private subsets and cube views not a part of PM, TM1 Web Apps/Contributor, or PAW going forward?

Websheets
Can you not publish import websheets via Contributor Web?

TM1 Web Folder
Is there any way to add things to the "Application" grouping so that they show up at the top of TM1 Web, instead of having to scroll through the entire server's "View" group?

Set Measure and Time Dimension for BI
To get a cube to function right in BI, you have to set the cube options for Measure Dimension and Time Dimension. Can you set those in PM, or just Architect?

Are there any other things that cannot be done in PM that are a key part of Architect?

Thanks,
Chris
jim wood
Site Admin
Version: PA 2.0.7
Excel Version: Office 365

Re: Things I can't do in Performance Modeler

Post by jim wood »

I'm not sure how much traction you'll get with this one. Most people haven't upgraded to PAW yet and most developers avoid PM like the plague.
Struggling through the quagmire of life to reach the other side of who knows where.
Shop at Amazon
Jimbo PC Builds on YouTube
tomok
MVP
OLAP Product: TM1, Palo
Version: Beginning of time thru 10.2
Excel Version: 2003-2007-2010-2013

Post by tomok »

cwpoll wrote:I'm trying to be a good, modern user and utilize the PM interface.
I'm not so sure that using PM qualifies you for that. I don't use it and don't know of a single person who does. What's more, IMHO I think it's not going to survive the long haul.
Tom O'Kelley - Manager Finance Systems
American Tower
http://www.onlinecourtreservations.com/
PavoGa
MVP
Version: 10.2.2 FP7, PA2.0.9.1
Excel Version: 2013 PAW

Post by PavoGa »

We actually do not allow our development team to use PM. Es ist verboten.
Ty
Cleveland, TN
stephen waters
MVP
Version: 10_2_2
Excel Version: Excel 2010

Post by stephen waters »

I'm trying to be a good, modern user and utilize the PM interface. I do see the advantages, and know that a lot of the features for PAW will require me to use PM.
Chris,
IMHO, PM was developed by the old Cognos Planning team to make TM1 look as close to CP as possible. I like it for sales demos but even IBM acknowledge it is for simple applications only (look at their recommended training path). Our consultants strongly believe PM makes more complex applications (anything above simple reporting ?) more difficult and longer to develop.

Going forward, to quote a senior IBM'er, PM is an "evolutionary dead-end". There is already some limited admin and development functionality in PlannIng Analytics Workspace (PAW) and IBM will be including more functions in future releases. I believe the intention eventually is to replace Architect and PM completely (probably not for a few years!).
pandinus
OLAP Product: TM1, Cognos Express
Version: 10.2.2
Excel Version: 2013

Post by pandinus »

PavoGa wrote:We actually do not allow our development team to use PM. Es ist verboten.
I take it you are not using TM1 Applications or any of the fancy metrics things then, right?
jim wood
Site Admin
Version: PA 2.0.7
Excel Version: Office 365

Post by jim wood »

pandinus wrote:
PavoGa wrote:We actually do not allow our development team to use PM. Es ist verboten.
I take it you are not using TM1 Applications or any of the fancy metrics things then, right?
TM1 Applications are the only the use for PM. But that's miles away from using it for development.
Struggling through the quagmire of life to reach the other side of who knows where.
Shop at Amazon
Jimbo PC Builds on YouTube
PavoGa
MVP
Version: 10.2.2 FP7, PA2.0.9.1
Excel Version: 2013 PAW

Post by PavoGa »

pandinus wrote:
Actually, we do use TM1_Applications on some applications, but moving away from it (not my decision, I like it for workflow, although a number of our compadres on this forum use other methods I think). And I have to admit, I've not even opened PM in a couple of years.
Ty
Cleveland, TN
Bakkone
Version: 10.2.2
Excel Version: 2013

Post by Bakkone »

I for one use PM for all my rules and dimension editing. But my old mentors were always laughing at me.

As for setting Time and Measure. If you highlight a cube. You can set the time and measure in the properties window (on the bottom) for that cube.