Strange Error, No Info

aking
OLAP Product: Cognos TM1
Version: 10.2.2
Excel Version: 365

Strange Error, No Info

Post by aking »

Greetings,

I'm receiving an error that I've never seen before. Here are the two lines from the tm1server.log that are of particular interest.

TM1.Cube.Iterator CubeCellIterator::initalizeTreePosReferences: Index '1' of dimension '}Cubes' could not be found. Ending iteration.
TM1.Cube.Iterator CubeCellIterator::initializeReferences: Failure to reacquire write tree positions from the target cube '}DimensionAudit'. Ending iteration.

}DimensionAudit is a cube that we use for tracking which dimensions are attached to which cubes. This cube is then used as a source for a data copy operation we're doing (We have a version dimension, and they want to be able to snapshot cubes that use that dimension so they can look later).

I've tried restarting the server, but no luck. This process was previously working fine, so I'm not certain what has gone wrong. The process has also stopped working in our TEST environment, with a similar error. Google-Fu got me nowhere. There is a stack overflow issue, but I don't *think* it's related. Or, rather, I can't think of why it would be related.

We're on TM1 10.2.2 FP5 IF1.
declanr
MVP
Version: PA2.0 and most of the old ones
Excel Version: All of em

Re: Strange Error, No Info

Post by declanr »

Not one I have seen. Just a guess here but maybe worth a try... theoretically the }cubes dim is recreated on startup everytime but maybe something has got locked - so you could try stopping the server and deleting the dim then starting. Just a guess though and I reckon if it was somehow locked the server probably wouldn't start anyway so its a long shot.
Declan Rodger
aking
Version: 10.2.2
Excel Version: 365

Re: Strange Error, No Info

Post by aking »

Still not sure what the cause was, but have a workaround that worked in this specific instance.

I modified the process to go over the }Cubes dimension instead of the }DimensionAudit cube. I then queried the cube to find out if it was marked. If I have time, it's something I'll try to come back to and research further.