Managing user security assignments in Cognos TM1 Application

toton1181
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 10.2.2
Excel Version: 2010

Managing user security assignments in Cognos TM1 Application

Post by toton1181 »

Hi,

We have an application that ( a centralized application ) that was created in Architect itself.
We need to change the security assignments for some users from ADMIN to Read/Write .
Is there a way to do this in the Architect itself?
jim wood
Site Admin
Version: PA 2.0.7
Excel Version: Office 365

Re: Managing user security assignments in Cognos TM1 Application

Post by jim wood »

By right clicking on the Application and selecting security.
Struggling through the quagmire of life to reach the other side of who knows where.
Shop at Amazon
Jimbo PC Builds on YouTube
lotsaram
MVP
OLAP Product: TableManager1
Version: PA 2.0.x

Post by lotsaram »

toton1181 wrote:Hi,

We have an application that ( a centralized application ) that was created in Architect itself.
We need to change the security assignments for some users from ADMIN to Read/Write .
Have you even opened architect? Surely the effort to LOOK would have been less than that required to ask the question!
Please place all requests for help in a public thread. I will not answer PMs requesting assistance.
toton1181

Post by toton1181 »

@lotsaram...Yes I have opened Architect., and I have LOOKED, but the Security Assignments window was un-editable.
You might be a big-shot..but Don't show your arrogance ..if u can't help then just ignore the questions like these.....
Last edited by toton1181 on Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:00 am, edited 3 times in total.
toton1181

Post by toton1181 »

Hi Jim,
Thanks for your reply.
I have already tried these things.
I had opened Architect, and had right clicked on the Application to change to change security assignments.
But the assignments seem to be un-editable.
I will try to send a screen shot across.
lotsaram
MVP
OLAP Product: TableManager1
Version: PA 2.0.x

Post by lotsaram »

toton1181 wrote:@lotsaram...Yes I have opened Architect., and I have LOOKED, but the Security Assignments window was un-editable.
You might be a big-shot..but Don't show your arrogance and over-smartness..if u can't help then just ignore the questions like these.....
Whoa. Steady on there newbie. Many people lurk for a while as "long term observers" before asking anything. I see you're not in that camp, which I don't hold against you at all by the way. I don't think I'm any smarter than most folk, but I do have experience which counts for a lot, and I think the evidence pretty much stands on its own that I'm quite prepared to help. But if you're asking for help then read and abide by the request for assistance guidelines particularly point 7.
RFAG wrote:7) Give a brief outline of what you've done to find the answer; which manuals or guides you've looked in, and what tests you've done. TM1 documentation isn't the best or most logically organised, and nobody expects new users to be able to find things which are obscure. It's OK to ask a question which more experienced users might consider obvious; we've all done it. However if the person answering your question knows what you've looked at, they won't waste your time or theirs by telling you what you already know. At a minimum, you should ensure that you browse the FAQ thread and use the search box in the top right to see whether there is already a solution to your problem. Also, please don't ask very basic questions about how to do things in TurboIntegrator or Rules without at least looking through the relevant functions in the Reference Guide.
On places like Stackoverflow no doubt your post would have been deleted by a crotchety admin and you may even have earned yourself a ban. This place isn't like that, you just got a snide comment. Yeah sure I could have just said "read the RFAG." But before you go throwing around insults I would invite you to read your own post (your 2nd ever on this forum.)
toton1181 wrote:We need to change the security assignments for some users from ADMIN to Read/Write .
What have you given anyone to go on? What evidence is presented that any problem solving or trouble shooting action has been undertaken? How do you honestly expect anyone to assist when this is all that there is to go on? In my opinion such a question is a waste of other people's time, which is something I'm not that partial to.
toton1181 wrote:...Yes I have opened Architect., and I have LOOKED, but the Security Assignments window was un-editable.
But you didn't say that in your initial post did you? None of us are mind readers, but do you think that piece of information might have been relevant the first time around? And do you think that just maybe had you provided this piece of information that you might have earned yourself a slightly different response?

As to you problem the architect window does say "architect" and not "client"? If the tm1p8.lic file is missing then all administrative functions will be greyed out.
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.w ... wg21419930
Please place all requests for help in a public thread. I will not answer PMs requesting assistance.
BariAbdul
Regular Participant
OLAP Product: IBM TM1, Planning Analytics, P
Version: PAW 2.0.8
Excel Version: 2019

Post by BariAbdul »

You could find what lotsaram has mentioned in this thread:

http://www.tm1forum.com/viewtopic.php?t=7694 Thanks
"You Never Fail Until You Stop Trying......"