Planning Analytics Local 2.0 - Where is TM1Web?

tm1_bloke
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 10.2
Excel Version: 2010

Planning Analytics Local 2.0 - Where is TM1Web?

Post by tm1_bloke »

Hi all,

I just installed Planning Analytics Local on my PC and checked TM1Web option in the beginning of installation.

However, I cannot see Application Server in Cognos Configuration and respective Windows Service is not listed either.

Am I looking for something that does not exist in Planning Analytics at all?

Cheers!
Attachments
MissingTM1Web.PNG
MissingTM1Web.PNG (7.92 KiB) Viewed 13254 times
declanr
MVP
OLAP Product: Cognos TM1
Version: PA2.0 and most of the old ones
Excel Version: All of em

Re: Planning Analytics Local 2.0 - Where is TM1Web?

Post by declanr »

Under "IBM Cognos TM1 Services" there should be an "IBM Cognos TM1" which appears to he the new TM1 web service/app service. It should have been selected by default when installing but looks like you didn't get it. Try running the installer again and make sure its selected.
Note TM1 web has had a makeover but for the most part still functions the same.
Declan Rodger
tm1_bloke

Post by tm1_bloke »

Thanks for your prompt response!

I uninstalled and re-ran the installer and made sure that that TM1Web is checked but no change - Cognos Configuration looks still the same.

What could it be? Some missing software requirement on my PC?
Attachments
PA Installation.PNG
PA Installation.PNG (64.11 KiB) Viewed 13245 times
declanr
MVP

Post by declanr »

Have you checked the install log to see everything completed ok?
Don't think I needed to but just check that right clicking on "IBM Cognos TM1 Services" doesn't give you a start option... like I say fairly sure it doesn't but might be a start to create the service job.
Declan Rodger
tm1_bloke

Post by tm1_bloke »

Yep, there it was. I had to create "a new resource" under "IBM Cognos TM1 Services" and now I am able to see TM1 web login screen. Cannot log in but need to invest more about config etc.

Thanks!
declanr
MVP

Post by declanr »

Interesting; something must have gone slightly wrong as I am sure you shouldn't have to do that. Good you got it working though.
Declan Rodger
RJ!
Community Contributor
Version: 10.2.2

Post by RJ! »

Embarrassing question but what are you searching to get the new Planning Analytics Local?

I don't have access to the IBM site & our IT support can only find the cloud version.
Alan Kirk
Site Admin
Version: PA2.0.9.18 Classic NO PAW!
Excel Version: 2013 and Office 365

Post by Alan Kirk »

declanr wrote:Interesting; something must have gone slightly wrong as I am sure you shouldn't have to do that.
Actually... it's been a while since I've done a 10.2.2 install but {vague memory} as I recall I did have to do something like that to get it running there too.
RJ! wrote:Embarrassing question but what are you searching to get the new Planning Analytics Local?

I don't have access to the IBM site & our IT support can only find the cloud version.
When you say you "don't have access to" the IBM site... you DO have an account (probably Passport Advantage, but with the way IBM runs its customer accounts who the h3ll knows if it's the same for everyone), yes? Because without that, you can't log in and without logging in, you can't download the software.
"To them, equipment failure is terrifying. To me, it’s 'Tuesday.' "
-----------
Before posting, please check the documentation, the FAQ, the Search function and FOR THE LOVE OF GLUB the Request Guidelines.
RJ!
Community Contributor
Version: 10.2.2

Post by RJ! »

Alan Kirk wrote: When you say you "don't have access to" the IBM site... you DO have an account (probably Passport Advantage, but with the way IBM runs its customer accounts who the h3ll knows if it's the same for everyone), yes? Because without that, you can't log in and without logging in, you can't download the software.
I don't have the PassportAdvantage login, our IT support have that, I might have to get the login details and have a look myself.
dpvalan
Version: 9.4
Excel Version: 11.8105

Post by dpvalan »

Hmmm,

Here are the services i have, I think the highlighted one is the app server but can't be sure.The settings for the TM1 environment are on the "TM1 Applications" screen in CogConfig. I have a PMR open and was told that the settings on the Environment tab were not relevant to the TM1 services, that they were related to Cognos Analytics. Why its like this I can't say, but i spent quite a bit of time trying to get Web and PAx connected on 9300.
PalPremServices.PNG
PalPremServices.PNG (20.37 KiB) Viewed 12921 times

Can anyone tell me if PAW is needed for the subset editor in perspectives and PAx, neither are working although the web seems to be ok.

Thanks,
Dave
Steve Rowe
Site Admin
Version: TM1 v6,v7,v8,v9,v10,v11+PAW
Excel Version: Nearly all of them

Post by Steve Rowe »

Hi Dave,
PAW is required for PAx subset editor and cube viewer and needs to be pointed at PAW rather than the TM1 admin host to work properly.
Perspectives is unchanged and does not require PAW.
TM1Web has had a re-do to look more PAW but is still independent of it.
HTH
Technical Director
www.infocat.co.uk
gtonkin
MVP
Version: Latest and greatest
Excel Version: Office 365 64-bit

Post by gtonkin »

Steve Rowe wrote: PAW is required for PAx subset editor and cube viewer and needs to be pointed at PAW rather than the TM1 admin host to work properly.
This is slightly off the main topic but relates to Steve's reply above.
Having some issues with the "Set editor" in PAx - If I add a view and right click, IBM Planning Analtics, Replace Member on a Dimension element, the Set editor opens and I can update the contents, the view is refreshed and life is good.
If I place a SUBNM formula in the worksheet referencing a server, subset etc e.g. =SUBNM("server:dim","subset",1), it returns the first element in the relevant subset. So far so good. If I double-click or right-click, IBM Planning Analytics, Edit Set, a browser window opens with the Set editor, the subset on the right but I receive errors:

Code: Select all

Error: The current set is not loaded successfully. The set does not exist or is not visible.
Note that the subset used in both the view and the subnm are the same and I am logged in as Admin, subset is public. Subnm works fine in Perspectives and does what it should in a cube view and websheet in TM1 Web.
PAx is configured with a Connection URL to http://192.168.11.241 which is my PAW server .240 is my PAL server (ip addresses used for my own sanity later)

Am I missing something obvious here and need to RTFM? I have been having a few bouts with PAW on my Linux VM so could be something misconfigured too
Any help would really be appreciated - Thanks

On another note and at risk of have my issue ignored, my IBM rep mentioned last year that existing clients would need to purchase PAW based on current TM1 licensed users if they want to use PAW - existing clients cannot buy 5 users for example, all or nothing. Concern with this is, if I want to use PAx which requires PAW for the set editor to work, looks like I will need to buy PAW licenses-surely not but have fired off an email to raise this with IBM.
Steve Rowe
Site Admin
Version: TM1 v6,v7,v8,v9,v10,v11+PAW
Excel Version: Nearly all of them

Post by Steve Rowe »

gtonkin wrote:On another note and at risk of have my issue ignored, my IBM rep mentioned last year that existing clients would need to purchase PAW based on current TM1 licensed users if they want to use PAW - existing clients cannot buy 5 users for example, all or nothing. Concern with this is, if I want to use PAx which requires PAW for the set editor to work, looks like I will need to buy PAW licenses-surely not but have fired off an email to raise this with IBM.
I can't comment as to be being able to buy PAW licences for some but not all of your users.

The licence is to actually use the workspace though not to install it to get other components working which is permitted, administrators are allowed to use it (for free) too in order to access the new development tools, i.e. the dimension and hierarchy editor.

I'm not an IBMer so all this information is second hand.
Technical Director
www.infocat.co.uk
dpvalan
Version: 9.4
Excel Version: 11.8105

Post by dpvalan »

Guys,

Thanks for the info, I'm finding that you can't have Perspecitives and PA Tab active in Excel at the same time? When i do and i slice from the cube viewer it heads right to the bar and that the last i see of it , I'm not logged into PA to boot. Is this the expected behaviour or am I doing something wrong, the last thing we need is having to have users turn things on and off.......

I did manage to at least get a PAW image running but it failed on mounting the drives for the Admin Console packages, added that to my PMR which has been too quiet.........

Thanks all,
Dave
gtonkin
MVP
Version: Latest and greatest
Excel Version: Office 365 64-bit

Post by gtonkin »

[quote="gtonkin"]
If I place a SUBNM formula in the worksheet referencing a server, subset etc e.g. =SUBNM("server:dim","subset",1), it returns the first element in the relevant subset. So far so good. If I double-click or right-click, IBM Planning Analytics, Edit Set, a browser window opens with the Set editor, the subset on the right but I receive errors:

Code: Select all

Error: The current set is not loaded successfully. The set does not exist or is not visible.
Found the issue here - seems like when referencing subsets in PAx, case needs to be exactly as per the subset in TM1 - mixed case will work in terms of returning elements but not when opening the Set Editor to change subset etc.