TM1Web 9.4 : Decimal Separator

pobrouwers
OLAP Product: IBM Cognos TM1
Version: 9.5.2
Excel Version: 2003-2007

TM1Web 9.4 : Decimal Separator

Post by pobrouwers »

Hello everybody,

I'd like use "." like decimal separtor and not "," on TM1Web to input a value into a cube with a numeric element
Do you think it's possible ?

Thx
Alan Kirk
Site Admin
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: PA2.0.9.18 Classic NO PAW!
Excel Version: 2013 and Office 365

Re: TM1Web 9.4 : Decimal Separator

Post by Alan Kirk »

pobrouwers wrote:Hello everybody,

I'd like use "." like decimal separtor and not "," on TM1Web to input a value into a cube with a numeric element
Do you think it's possible ?
Could I suggest that you update your profile to indicate where you're from, which versions you're using and so on? This can be done via the User Control Panel at the top left.

By itself your question appears rather confusing as for most readers "." is the decimal separator, with "," being the thousands separator.

However in some European countries (which I'm guessing includes where you are), it's the other way around.

In version 9.1 at least (and I doubt that this is different in 9.4), the separator that's used is based on what the client side settings are.

Our Web server is running on a machine which obviously uses "English (Australia)" as its regional setting. That setting uses "." as the decimal separator, and "," as the thousands separator.

However, if I change the settings on my own desktop to (for example) German (Germany), then:
(a) I get a headache because my German is way too rusty to be translating the various menu items; and
(b) When I open TM1 Web, the display of views (and formatted websheets for that matter) will be in the German style with "," being the decimal separator.

In other words, for "." to be the decimal separator your clients would need to have the regional settings on their computer set to that format, and TM1 Web will follow it. It's not a server-side setting.
"To them, equipment failure is terrifying. To me, it’s 'Tuesday.' "
-----------
Before posting, please check the documentation, the FAQ, the Search function and FOR THE LOVE OF GLUB the Request Guidelines.