Resolution problems with Windows 10 and tm1 perspectives

Jwolf
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 10.2.2 FP4
Excel Version: 2016

Resolution problems with Windows 10 and tm1 perspectives

Post by Jwolf »

Dear everybody,

I'm tasked with installing tm1 client installations for my organisation. Currently we have upgraded everybody to windows 10.
Tm1 perspectives version 10.2.2 fp4 (64bit) works fine with windows 10 and office 2016 however we've encountered an issue on some laptops which we havent been able to resolve.

The issue is that on some laptops with high resolution panels the numbers in tm1 perspectives cubes get misalligned with the table itself. (see image)
TM1 problemEDITED.png
TM1 problemEDITED.png (169.95 KiB) Viewed 28120 times
I'm guessing this problem has something to do with unproper scaling of the cubes in Windows 10. I have already tried adjusting the scaling level up and down and adjusting the resolution unfortunately neither has resolved the issue.

Could someone please provide me with other possible solutions? Thanks in advance!

Greetings,
Wolfs
lotsaram
MVP
OLAP Product: TableManager1
Version: PA 2.0.x
Excel Version: Office 365

Re: Resolution problems with Windows 10 and tm1 perspectives

Post by lotsaram »

This isn't a windows 10 issue but simply resolution. Simply Perspectives & Architect are not built for high res. Any resolution higher than Full HD (1920x1080) and you get the issues with fonts too large and truncated looking row highs in the cube viewer and all the icons becoming so tiny they appear to be not more than a few pixels. The only reliable solution I have found is scaling the notebook resolution down to full HD.
Please place all requests for help in a public thread. I will not answer PMs requesting assistance.
declanr
MVP
OLAP Product: Cognos TM1
Version: PA2.0 and most of the old ones
Excel Version: All of em

Post by declanr »

I have a surface book for when I am on the move and have the same issue but due to the weird screen perspective there doesn't seem to be a scaling that works. Some make it a bit better and some make it worse.
I just put up with it; luckily I rarely let users have perspectives as an interface. And I still have another machine for when I am at home.
Declan Rodger
Jwolf

Post by Jwolf »

Unfortunately i haven't been able to fix it yet. Even when lowering the resolution the formatting of the table stays the way described in my first post.

If anyone has tips or ideas on what to try i'd be happy to hear them!
Jwolf

Post by Jwolf »

Well in the end the solution proved to be lowering the resolution to 1920x1080 and then rebooting the laptop. After which i logged in on an administrator account on which tm1 had never been opened before. This proved to help because then tm1 cubes opened in the proper way and i no longer had the table wrong.

Thanks for all the help guys!
suman23479
OLAP Product: Cognos
Version: 8.4
Excel Version: 12

Post by suman23479 »

Yes,it helped for me to resolve issue with customer new machine where window 10 is installed.
I also opened the PMR and they responded the same as below.
"If this is a new machine with high resolution, please close your TM1 clients, reduce the screen resolution and let me know if you're still able to reproduce the problem after relaunching the TM1 clients. This has been reported before with new machines due to high resolution. Please confirm "
lotsaram
MVP
OLAP Product: TableManager1
Version: PA 2.0.x

Post by lotsaram »

suman23479 wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 7:20 pm Yes,it helped for me to resolve issue with customer new machine where window 10 is installed.
I also opened the PMR and they responded the same as below.
"If this is a new machine with high resolution, please close your TM1 clients, reduce the screen resolution and let me know if you're still able to reproduce the problem after relaunching the TM1 clients. This has been reported before with new machines due to high resolution. Please confirm "
Yes the workaround works. But limiting a 4K monitor to full HD is still a pretty lame solution.
Please place all requests for help in a public thread. I will not answer PMs requesting assistance.
sunlight
Version: PA 2.0

Post by sunlight »

lotsaram wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2016 1:01 pm This isn't a windows 10 issue but simply resolution. Simply Perspectives & Architect are not built for high res. Any resolution higher than Full HD (1920x1080) and you get the issues with fonts too large and truncated looking row highs in the cube viewer and all the icons becoming so tiny they appear to be not more than a few pixels. The only reliable solution I have found is scaling the notebook resolution down to full HD.

thanks a lot for your advice! I encountered the same issue with my high resolution laptop
John Hammond
Community Contributor
OLAP Product: PAW/PAX 2.0.72 Perspectives
Version: TM1 Server 11.8.003
Excel Version: 365 and 2016

Post by John Hammond »

Hmmm IBM's approach to gradually let Perspectives die is not a good one. They dont have a Monopoly like Microsoft.

This font problem should be sorted out, and the automated refresh of TM1 metadata on running a process should be disabled, so it is tolerable without Citrix. That should not bust the IBM resource bank.

I'm all for the newer stuff, once it can do all that Perspectives can, and it's as bombproof, but till then, at least show consideration to your Perspectives users who are still in the majority, I believe.