jonathan.d
Version: TM1 9.4 MR1
Excel Version: 2003

Subset editor opens without having EPICK code

Post by jonathan.d »

Hi All!

Hope all are well!

Had something really strange happen...

On double clicking a cell in excel which had a =SUBNM(...) formula, it opened up the subset editor without me having any double click vba code sitting at the back as an event.

This occurs on 9.4MR1 with FP1. But, does not on 9.1.

Has anybody else experienced this?

Possible bug?
lotsaram
MVP
OLAP Product: TableManager1
Version: PA 2.0.x
Excel Version: Office 365

Re: Subset editor opens without having EPICK code

Post by lotsaram »

jonathan.d wrote:On double clicking a cell in excel which had a =SUBNM(...) formula, it opened up the subset editor without me having any double click vba code sitting at the back as an event.
Perhaps I has misread what you have written but this doesn't sound strange at all. Opening of the subset editor on double-click is normal behaviour for all versions of TM1*. It would be strange if this did not happen.

* Provided the first "server:dimension" argument is a literal string not a cell reference.
Alan Kirk
Site Admin
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: PA2.0.9.18 Classic NO PAW!
Excel Version: 2013 and Office 365

Post by Alan Kirk »

lotsaram wrote:
jonathan.d wrote:On double clicking a cell in excel which had a =SUBNM(...) formula, it opened up the subset editor without me having any double click vba code sitting at the back as an event.
Perhaps I has misread what you have written but this doesn't sound strange at all. Opening of the subset editor on double-click is normal behaviour for all versions of TM1*. It would be strange if this did not happen.

* Provided the first "server:dimension" argument is a literal string not a cell reference.
Agreed, but just to qualify your qualifier:
* Provided the first "server:dimension" argument is a literal string not a cell reference unless you're on 9.4.1, where cell references may be used while retaining the double click functionality. (http://tm1forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=980&p=5525)

(From the sounds of it, given the versions involved, that may be the case here.)
"To them, equipment failure is terrifying. To me, it’s 'Tuesday.' "
-----------
Before posting, please check the documentation, the FAQ, the Search function and FOR THE LOVE OF GLUB the Request Guidelines.
jonathan.d
Version: TM1 9.4 MR1
Excel Version: 2003

Post by jonathan.d »

Yup,

Documentation had it.

Caught me by surprise, as I thought I could use me existing interface on 9.4 as is.

Thanks for all the suggestions!