Mems
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: v10.2.2
Excel Version: 2010

Tm1 Active form duplicates Rows

Post by Mems »

Tm1 Active form...
10.2.2, windows, excel 2013

I have an issue with a user's active form that duplicates rows.
It is extremely hard to reproduce as this does not happen often.
Once every 50 recalcs

I can however 'fake' it by changing the TM1DATARNGx in the named ranges and then rebuild the form.

Code: Select all

=TM1RPTROW($D$9,"Planning:Account","",Sheet1!$L$2:L$300,"Code - Description",0)
The excel calc on sheet 2 is pretty simple, if column K is = "Yes", then bring account to column L, else leave it blank

Let me know if you need more info...

Any help would be much appreciated

Admin note: Moved to the correct forum; does not belong in General.
MEMS
tomok
MVP
OLAP Product: TM1, Palo
Version: Beginning of time thru 10.2
Excel Version: 2003-2007-2010-2013

Re: Tm1 Active form duplicates Rows

Post by tomok »

Active forms don't duplicate rows unless the structure of the form calls for more than one record per account. I can think of plenty of reasons why this would happen. Giving someone a TM1RPTROW formula and asking them why your form doesn't work is like taking a picture of your left rear tire, sending that to the mechanic, and asking him why your car won't run. I doubt anyone will be able to help you without the TM1RPTVIEW formula, the dimensionality of the cube(s), what you have in the columns, etc. Plus, what's this talk about Sheet2? Is your active form in Sheet1 or Sheet2?
Tom O'Kelley - Manager Finance Systems
American Tower
http://www.onlinecourtreservations.com/
declanr
MVP
OLAP Product: Cognos TM1
Version: PA2.0 and most of the old ones
Excel Version: All of em

Post by declanr »

Active Forms can show duplicate sets of data if a user "messes around" while it is being rebuilt (e.g. pressing rebuild and then not waiting for it to finish before getting "click happy") and this can lead to the rows of data that were there previously being "detached" from the Active Form area so that TM1 doesn't know it needs to delete those rows before inserting the fresh shiny new ones.

It's quite rare and I have never seen it happen without users getting in the way of the natural process steps. This is another reason why it is a good idea to delete all the rows below your tm1rptrow formula prior to saving the book (in addition to the speed benefit upon opening.)

I would hazard a guess from your post that this is what you are encountering but as Tomok has highlighted - more information would be useful and could prove my above guess at your issue to be incorrect.
Declan Rodger
ByronB
OLAP Product: TM1 + BI
Version: TM1 10.2
Excel Version: Excel 2010

Post by ByronB »

Hi Mems,

Make sure you delete all rows except the TM1RPTROM before uploading your Active Form into TM1

Cheers