TM1 10.3 - IBM Planning Analytics

dr.nybble
MVP
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 10.2.2
Excel Version: Excel 2007

Re: TM1 10.3 - IBM Planning Analytics

Post by dr.nybble »

David Usherwood wrote:Unless you are one of the very few Cloud customers, you won't be able to try out the new features. I can understand why IBM went that route, but it will mean that the user pool for 10.3 will be quite small and problems may not be discovered quickly.
You can sign up for a free trial to experience some of the new UI and features:

http://www.ibm.com/web/portal/analytics ... -analytics
nanobaka
OLAP Product: PA Local
Version: 2.0.9.14
Excel Version: 2016

Post by nanobaka »

moby91 wrote: I assume you refer to the defect logged as APAR PI50708:

https://www-304.ibm.com/support/entdocv ... wg1PI50708
PI50708: NEW TEMPORARY SUBSETS AND VIEWS CANNOT BE USED AS A DATA SOURCE FOR A TI PROCESS IN FP4

Error description
Error: Prolog Procedure line (0): The data source "CubeName" could not be opened.

We were told that the Interim Fix 2 (IF2) for TM1 10.2.2 FP4 addressed this issue.
Yes it is PI50708. Another person in the thread http://www.tm1forum.com/viewtopic.php?f ... 411#p58411 mentioned it may not be fixed until at least FP5. I asked IBM support myself and was told it will be fixed in 10.3. Hmmmm I guess IBM themselves don't even know. :|

I'm on FP4 IF1010. It is a hot fix I requested that fixes a TM1Web formatting issue so that I can actually install FP4, which fixes a PDF export issue I had been bugging them. :| If they are going to release an IF2 to fix the temporary subset/view issue that would be awesome.
dsproffitt
OLAP Product: All of them
Version: All of them
Excel Version: 2003 -2013

Post by dsproffitt »

Ask for IF 1016 (The latest IF)
Alan Kirk
Site Admin
Version: PA2.0.9.18 Classic NO PAW!
Excel Version: 2013 and Office 365

Post by Alan Kirk »

lotsaram wrote:Alan might have to update the TM1 time lookup and calculation compendium if this means what I think it means
TM1 server parameters in IBM Cognos TM1 10.3 wrote:The following parameter has also been added:
UseExcelSerialDate
Yup; I'm keeping that one in the back of my mind pending getting my hands on the actual hot, running code.
"To them, equipment failure is terrifying. To me, it’s 'Tuesday.' "
-----------
Before posting, please check the documentation, the FAQ, the Search function and FOR THE LOVE OF GLUB the Request Guidelines.
David Usherwood
Site Admin

Post by David Usherwood »

Since the reference is in the 10.3 doc, you'll be waiting awhile, unless you fancy ponying up for a cloud instance. NB I have looked at the Planning Analytics 'trial' (nice choice of words) and it doesn't provide access to development. IBM's Concierge service was supposed to get the full PAW/10.3 content before Christmas but there is no sign of it as of yesterday.
Alan Kirk
Site Admin

Post by Alan Kirk »

David Usherwood wrote:Since the reference is in the 10.3 doc, you'll be waiting awhile, unless you fancy ponying up for a cloud instance.
The thought had crossed my mind. However there are three factors there that make that less of a problem.

First, one of my new year's resolutions is to learn the arts of patience and tranquillity. And to do it now, NOW I SAID, DAMMIT!!!!

Second, and more importantly, look me in the eye and tell me that it doesn't feel like only a couple of weeks ago that you were putting up your 2015 "Boxer Puppies" and "The Elements" calendars in your study. (Adjust the temporal reference works according to your taste.) I'm taking no bets that 2016, which is already more than 1% gone on most of the planet, won't fly past the same way as 2015 did. So 10.3 on site will be here soon enough.

(And on a related point, I find that there is an inversely proportional relationship between the amount of time that you have available to get up to speed with software, and the number of versions thrown at you in a given period. I still have yet to come to grips with the new features in Photoshop CC 2015. I'm writing code in C# these days and aside from having to learn that language I'm getting to grips with LINQ. I haven't really gotten my head around the changes in Powershell 5.0 yet, or some areas of the older functionality come to that. Java's less of a problem since development work seems to have come to a standstill for the moment over in Oracle-land, if you discount the amount of work generating legal briefs for lawyers and sticking pins in Google voodoo dolls. That provides valuable catch-up time. But conversely SQL Server 2016, which is swinging ever-increasingly in-memory with each version and therefore needs ongoing rethinks about how to approach database design, will be here in only a couple of months most likely. Camtasia 9 will probably be out in the first quarter of 2016. Put all that together and it's pretty certain that IBM will only be too happy to throw 10.3 at me sooner rather than later as well, just to see how far I can compress time. Speaking of which, if I find a wormhole that's big enough I could avoid the ponying and get my hands on the code through a trial subscription, but I don't like the odds of finding the time to do that justice. Which is why "30 day trials" blow unless you have no other work to do in that 30 days, but that's a different issue.)

Third, yes, any changes in 10.3 will be initially be felt by those who have gone the IBM-hosted Cloud route.

Both of them.

But for the overwhelming majority of TM1 users, 10.3 won't be an issue until it lands where most users are, which is on site.
-----------
Before posting, please check the documentation, the FAQ, the Search function and FOR THE LOVE OF GLUB the Request Guidelines.
David Usherwood
Site Admin

Indeed :?
That's why I was looking forward to the release of 10.3 on Concierge - I'll be asking IBM about the slippage when the Western World goes back to work tomorrow.
Alan Kirk
Site Admin

Post by Alan Kirk »

David Usherwood wrote:That's why I was looking forward to the release of 10.3 on Concierge - I'll be asking IBM about the slippage when the Western World goes back to work tomorrow.
For a chunk of degrees west of the International Date Line, unfortunately tomorrow is already today and the salt mines have been reoccupied.

However I wasn't concerning myself with Concierge for at least one reason... have you seen the graphic for that thing? Or at least the one that I get when I go to the Concierge Service page? Allow me to grab it:
IBM_Concierge.jpg
IBM_Concierge.jpg (16.82 KiB) Viewed 13829 times
(Yes, I know that the caption has nothing to do with the page subject, but trust me, it says "Concierge service" just above the graphic and "Concierge service: Solutions you can trust" below it.)

It's an apparently door-less, unmanned shack sitting in the middle of nowhere, curiously and perhaps ominously devoid of any signs of human presence. If it wasn't so brightly and freshly painted I'd think that it was something from a Stephen King novel, designed to lure unwitting highway travellers to their doom.

I'd rather wait for the download.
-----------
Edward Stuart
Community Contributor
Version: All
Excel Version: All

Post by Edward Stuart »

I have logged in today and can see that Beta 7 is the current available model, I was testing on Beta versions 2 and 3 prior to Christmas.

I am using "Cloud Concierge Demo & POC Provisioning" of which took multiple IBM contacts to establish it existed and several more to convince that it would be a good idea to let the Business Partners access it if they want us\ we are to sell it
David Usherwood
Site Admin

Think it's clear that the Fallout-like Concierge which Alan is seeing has no connection with the Cloud Concierge which Edd and I (as partners) are using.
I've been back to the latter - still showing Beta 7. The server .EXE shows 10.3 but Architect and Cafe show 10.2.2 :evil: . The documentation is available online but is missing a number of key elements eg the Performance Monitor Rules feature.
tianok
Version: 9.5.1
Excel Version: 2003

Post by tianok »

Hello guys...
I have some questions...

1) Anyone know if the new CAFE (Analytics for Excel) support "Office 2016" and windows 10 (64bits)?

2) The new version won't be avaliable to download, or only on cloud? This definitive? I read the last posts, but I can't believe that...

3) The new version support applications with JAVA API (tm1api.jar)?

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.w ... wg27047018
"IBM Cognos TM1 10.3 is currently available only as part of the IBM Planning Analytics release on the cloud."

Thaks!
jim wood
Site Admin
Version: PA 2.0.7
Excel Version: Office 365

Post by jim wood »

I think it's only available on the cloud for now. I don't think the long term plan is cloud only but I might be wrong. So many definitions floating around these days for things that very similar. As for the others points I'm not sure.
Struggling through the quagmire of life to reach the other side of who knows where.
Shop at Amazon
Jimbo PC Builds on YouTube
qml
MVP
OLAP Product: TM1 / Planning Analytics
Version: 2.0.9 and all previous
Excel Version: 2007 - 2016

Post by qml »

There is not a shred of doubt in my mind that on-premise TM1 10.3 will be available at some point. Just not yet.

It makes sense if you think about what happened when TM1Web was rewritten for 10.2. It was basically unusable for over a year and a lot of the problem had to do with the huge variability of environments the software has to run on. If you offer something exclusively on the cloud you can control the environment and so have a usable product right away while you iron out all the inevitable defects that you've just introduced by adding thousands upon thousands of lines of new code.
Kamil Arendt
Paul Segal
Community Contributor
Version: TM1 11 and up
Excel Version: Too many to count

Post by Paul Segal »

I heard Q3 is the current target for on premise release. Of course, that might slip ;)
Paul
Bakkone
Excel Version: 2013

Post by Bakkone »

I was at this thing with IBM a month ago. The new rhetoric was "We have the ambition to create an on-premise version of Planning Analytics".

I laughed a bit...
tianoklein

Post by tianoklein »

How can I test the new version?
David Usherwood
Site Admin

There's a 30-day free trial. From my testing that allows you to set up workspaces and load data but not to design/build your own application.
If you are supported by a partner they may be able to set something up for you to test with your own content.
RJ!
Community Contributor
Excel Version: 2010

Post by RJ! »

Paul Segal wrote:I heard Q3 is the current target for on premise release. Of course, that might slip ;)
Next year?
Paul Segal
Community Contributor
Version: TM1 11 and up
Excel Version: Too many to count

Post by Paul Segal »

I was at an IBM workshop the other week where the presenters were pretty sure of November as the On Premise release. Normal caveats apply.
Paul
tianoklein

Post by tianoklein »

Here are the link to TEST a new version on Cloud.

https://pass.planning-analytics.ibmcloud.com/