Old Applix Forum

Martin Ryan
Site Admin
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 10.1
Excel Version: 2010

Old Applix Forum

Post by Martin Ryan »

Matt Goff managed to scrape all the old posts off of the Applix Forum before it was pulled down. I've loaded it up into a database here on OLAPForums: http://applixforum.olapforums.com/

It's not particularly flash looking, but it should be of use. Next week I'll try to improve it a bit by allowing multiple search terms. At the moment you can only search for one string, or posts by a person's name.

I was intending to put into a locked forum here on this board, but it ended up being too much work because phpBB's tables are pretty complex and I didn't want to break what we've now got.

Martin

EDIT: Made a sticky on 13 July 08
Please do not send technical questions via private message or email. Post them in the forum where you'll probably get a faster reply, and everyone can benefit from the answers.
Jodi Ryan Family Lawyer
Martin Ryan
Site Admin

Re: Old Applix Forum

Post by Martin Ryan »

Before anyone asks, the bad news is that the attachments and images didn't make it through (Matt got the images but I've yet to put them in).

However you can see who made the attachment posting and perhaps ask them if they've still got what they put up.

Martin
Please do not send technical questions via private message or email. Post them in the forum where you'll probably get a faster reply, and everyone can benefit from the answers.
Jodi Ryan Family Lawyer
rodrigo
OLAP Product: TM1, Executive Viewer
Version: 9.4 MR1 with FP3
Excel Version: 2003

Post by rodrigo »

Matt Goff and Martin Ryan

Thanks guys for uploading this old applix forum version!! i can sleep happy now!

:D

Rodrigo
Olivier
Community Contributor
Version: Tm1 10.2.2fp4 -> 2.09
Excel Version: Excel 2013 - 2019

Post by Olivier »

I am glad all those knowledges didn t disapear....

Thanks a lot !

Olivier
HTH
Olivier
bihints.com
Version: 9.0.3

Post by bihints.com »

Did you get permission from Cognos to republish the contents?

I leeched the full forum as well some time ago, I could put it back online as is, it is using relative links so could be hosted anywhere, but most attachments are missing.
Search would be possible with a google request correctly crafted.
However my concerns are:
- contents belong to Cognos and probably require some agreement for republishing
- maybe some posters would not like to have their posts made available publically
- emails should be obfuscated (trivial task)
Martin Ryan
Site Admin

Post by Martin Ryan »

bihints.com wrote:Did you get permission from Cognos to republish the contents?
No. We are of the opinion that the copyright belongs to the people who wrote the posts. Should anyone wish to have their posts removed from the site for whatever reason it's easily done.

If you feel your format is better than the format that's up then I can give you ftp access to the site. Please PM me your email address.

Martin
Jodi Ryan Family Lawyer
TJMurphy
Version: PA 2.0.6 Local
Excel Version: Excel 2016

Post by TJMurphy »

Thanks, much appreciated.

Tony
rossi

Post by rossi »

Go Martin. Leave the rebuit forum up there. You are right, I checked with legal department. Posts belong to the users and not COGNOS.

Power to the user forever

Paolo
David Usherwood
Site Admin

Post by David Usherwood »

Martin, Mike Cirillo (of Applix/Cognos/IBM) had taken on a task to do something with the forum - and there are quite a few plaintive posts on Cognos Communities asking about what's happened to it. What do you think about letting them know it's here?

FYI, there are also quite a few posts there where members have posted a query, not got an answer, found it here and posted the link. So you (we) are visible...
Eric
MVP
Version: 9.4

Post by Eric »

I sent a email from Mike asking about the Forum. He responded yesterday saying he is working on something for Cognos Communities, but in the meantime checkout the resurrected forum on this board.

Also side not on how busy he has been
Busier than a one legged man in a @$$kicking contest
Regards,
Eric
Blog: http://tm1-tipz.blogspot.com
Articles: http://www.google.com/reader/shared/use ... /label/TM1

Production: 32 bit 9.0 SP2, Windows 2000 Advanced Server. Web: 32 bit 9.0 SP2, Windows 2000 Server. Excel 2003
Martin Ryan
Site Admin

Post by Martin Ryan »

Of course David, more than happy to let people know it's here. As we've said all along a fundamental principle is keeping things open to anyone who's interested. (and it's definitely "we" and "ours" - another fundamental principle in my view)

Martin
Jodi Ryan Family Lawyer
ScottW
Regular Participant
OLAP Product: TM1 CX
Version: 9.5 9.4.1 9.1.4 9.0 8.4
Excel Version: 2003 2007

Post by ScottW »

Martin & Matt great work on getting the old forum up and searchable.

It's a shame that the threading doesn't show up in the RHS "reading pane" but the threads from a topic being available on the LHS is quite workable.

How about making it easier to find by placing a link on the board index, I think that would be helpful for a lot of people. Currently the only place to find the link is in this topic.
Cheers,
Scott W
Cubewise
www.cubewise.com
John Hobson
Site Admin
OLAP Product: Any
Version: 1.0
Excel Version: 2020

Post by John Hobson »

Nice job guys - there's a lot of effort gone into that and it is very much appreciated.

Best wishes

John
John Hobson
The Planning Factory
Martin Ryan
Site Admin

Post by Martin Ryan »

ScottW wrote:How about making it easier to find by placing a link on the board index
Done.
Jodi Ryan Family Lawyer
Martin Ryan
Site Admin

Post by Martin Ryan »

ScottW wrote:It's a shame that the threading doesn't show up in the RHS "reading pane" but the threads from a topic being available on the LHS is quite workable.
I've changed it so that the entire thread is there on the one page on the RHS. The link will take you to the post within the thread with the search term you're looking for.

That made the LHS redundant so I've changed it to return the results from the original search term.

The search is still limited to one search term. Are people finding that a limitation? It's not a big deal to change, but there'd be a few things to sort out so if it's not needed I won't bother.

Martin
Jodi Ryan Family Lawyer
Mike L

Post by Mike L »

Thank you Matt and Martin. Thank you, thank you.
One could think of lots of bells and whistles to add, but this gets the job done. Job well done!