workflow problem

iesak
Version: 9.4
Excel Version: 2003

workflow problem

Post by iesak »

I'm trying to create a new workflow.
when I click "TM1 workflow -> Admin
the following error come up ... any idea?
Attachments
workflow.JPG
workflow.JPG (14.68 KiB) Viewed 3352 times
lotsaram
MVP
OLAP Product: TableManager1
Version: PA 2.0.x
Excel Version: Office 365

Re: workflow problem

Post by lotsaram »

You either aren't connected to TM1 through your Excel perspectives session when trying to use the TM1 workflow toolbar, or else it looks like workflow has not been installed to your server database directory.

Make sure you are connected as a admin user before using the workflow toolbar. If that sounds kinda obvious and you have already done that then check the database directory; there should be a whole lot of processes, dims and cubes prefixed with "}sm". If there aren't then the required workflow objects haven't been installed to the database directory. You need to do this then restart the server.
kangkc
Community Contributor
OLAP Product: TM1, PA , TMVGate
Version: 2.x
Excel Version: 36x

Post by kangkc »

Hi,
To enable workflow, you will need all the workflow objects to be placed in the cube directory in order to start defining all the workflow thingy.
Under default installation, you should see a directory in the Custom folder "TM1 Planning Manager V2" (may change based on release). Copy all the objects in the folder to you cube folder and you should be able to start defining workflow.

You can contact me offline if you need help.
iesak
Version: 9.4
Excel Version: 2003

Post by iesak »

Thanks alot.
I got another problem that after I created a simple workflow.(i.e. submit from salesperson to manager ) The performance of the TM1 application in Excel dropped dramatically.
wat i did was just created a plan_version dimension, a business_unit dimension, create some group and user ,the rest of it pretty much were default setting.

is there any practice to avoid performance drop ?
and the workflow action button was not too responsive sometimes..