Error while opening an excel sheet in TM1 web error

zameelarif
Version: 9.1.3
Excel Version: 2007

Error while opening an excel sheet in TM1 web error

Post by zameelarif »

Hi All

I have sucessfully connected to TM1 server from TM1 web , server is 9.1 sp3
I can browse the cubes and view all data , but i am not able to access the excel sheet put in the application folder of the server. Both the TM1 web and the Server are installed in the same machine and i am trying to access via IE 7.0 also from the same machine.
This is error which i encounter when i try to access the excel sheet even thought it is visible in the left handside pane.
The error screen shot attached.

Any help would be much appreciated.
Alan Kirk
Site Admin
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: PA2.0.9.18 Classic NO PAW!
Excel Version: 2013 and Office 365

Re: Error while opening an excel sheet in TM1 web error

Post by Alan Kirk »

zameelarif wrote:Hi All

I have sucessfully connected to TM1 server from TM1 web , server is 9.1 sp3
I can browse the cubes and view all data , but i am not able to access the excel sheet put in the application folder of the server. Both the TM1 web and the Server are installed in the same machine and i am trying to access via IE 7.0 also from the same machine.
This is error which i encounter when i try to access the excel sheet even thought it is visible in the left handside pane.
The error screen shot attached.

Any help would be much appreciated.
Alas, you're missing the screen shot. After you select the image file with the [Browse...] button, remember to click the [Add The File] button as well; that's most likely what the problem was in uploading it.
"To them, equipment failure is terrifying. To me, it’s 'Tuesday.' "
-----------
Before posting, please check the documentation, the FAQ, the Search function and FOR THE LOVE OF GLUB the Request Guidelines.
lotsaram
MVP
OLAP Product: TableManager1
Version: PA 2.0.x
Excel Version: Office 365

Post by lotsaram »

Is MS Excel installed on the web server? (It needs to be in order to be able to view websheets.)

If Excel is installed this error is normally due to the TM1ExcelService not running, try restarting the service. If the excel sheet contains objects that are not supported on the web (for example any ActiveX control except for an action button) then this will also (most times) prevent the sheet from being opened on the web.

If the problem is none of the above then the next step is to check security and sharing permissions for the inetpub directories used by TM1 Web. This gets a lot harder to troubleshoot and offer generic advice on!
zameelarif
Version: 9.1.3
Excel Version: 2007

Post by zameelarif »

sorry forgot the attachment , thanks Alan
Attachments
TM1 web error.JPG
TM1 web error.JPG (34.68 KiB) Viewed 3816 times
Alan Kirk
Site Admin
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: PA2.0.9.18 Classic NO PAW!
Excel Version: 2013 and Office 365

Post by Alan Kirk »

zameelarif wrote:sorry forgot the attachment , thanks Alan
From that, I'd be taking a look at all of the things that Lotsaram mentioned, as well as the version of Excel; it should be at least XP, ideally 2003.

Also, if that's the only websheet you have on there, try a plain vanilla one; slice only, no action buttons, no formatting and see whether that can be opened. That will at least indicate whether the problem is with websheets generally, or just that specific web sheet.

This probably shouldn't matter (I think) but watch the use of any non-alpha-numeric characters other than an underscore in the name as well. I'm not sure whether those periods in the date component are going to cause a problem.
"To them, equipment failure is terrifying. To me, it’s 'Tuesday.' "
-----------
Before posting, please check the documentation, the FAQ, the Search function and FOR THE LOVE OF GLUB the Request Guidelines.