TI error with the csv file datasource

kiss351523
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 9.5
Excel Version: 2007 and 2003

TI error with the csv file datasource

Post by kiss351523 »

Dear All,

I beated by a strange error from TM1 Process.
Its a simple process, data source is csv file, the file localed in a LAN PC, TM1 process colud preview the data, but, when i run the process with admin account in TM1,
a error popped, Colud not open the datasource.

Please help me with this, thanks a lot!!!!
Check the img attachement.
Attachments
qq.jpg
qq.jpg (126.84 KiB) Viewed 3710 times
Alan Kirk
Site Admin
Version: PA2.0.9.18 Classic NO PAW!
Excel Version: 2013 and Office 365

Re: TI error with the csv file datasource

Post by Alan Kirk »

kiss351523 wrote:Dear All,

Its a simple process, data source is csv file, the file localed in a LAN PC, TM1 process colud preview the data, but, when i run the process with admin account in TM1,

The process isn't previewing the data; you are, on your client machine. It's entirely possible that you can see a data source which your login has access to, but which the login that the TM1 server is running under cannot. Doubly so if the TM1 server is being run under the local system account on the server.

Always remember that although you create and edit a process using your own credentials, what matters when you try to run it is what the network permissions of the server's account are.

If possible, log on to the server box using the same login that the TM1 server is running under and see whether you can still access the file on that network share. My bet is that you won't be able to. If the server program is running under a local system account, replace it with a domain account that has the appropriate permissions to that network share. If it's already under a domain account, have your network admins assign that account to a group which has permissions to that share.
"To them, equipment failure is terrifying. To me, it’s 'Tuesday.' "
-----------
Before posting, please check the documentation, the FAQ, the Search function and FOR THE LOVE OF GLUB the Request Guidelines.
kiss351523
Version: 9.5
Excel Version: 2007 and 2003

Post by kiss351523 »

Alan Kirk wrote:
kiss351523 wrote:Dear All,

The process isn't previewing the data; you are, on your client machine. It's entirely possible that you can see a data source which your login has access to, but which the login that the TM1 server is running under cannot. Doubly so if the TM1 server is being run under the local system account on the server.

Always remember that although you create and edit a process using your own credentials, what matters when you try to run it is what the network permissions of the server's account are.

If possible, log on to the server box using the same login that the TM1 server is running under and see whether you can still access the file on that network share. My bet is that you won't be able to. If the server program is running under a local system account, replace it with a domain account that has the appropriate permissions to that network share. If it's already under a domain account, have your network admins assign that account to a group which has permissions to that share.
Thanks to Alan, It's entirely possible that you can see a data source which your login has access to, but which the login that the TM1 server is running under cannot., in the TM1 server, there are two account for TM1 service, the accounts for TM1 Admin Server and TM1 instance server. which account would be assigned to?
Alan Kirk
Site Admin
Version: PA2.0.9.18 Classic NO PAW!
Excel Version: 2013 and Office 365

Post by Alan Kirk »

kiss351523 wrote:Thanks to Alan, It's entirely possible that you can see a data source which your login has access to, but which the login that the TM1 server is running under cannot., in the TM1 server, there are two account for TM1 service, the accounts for TM1 Admin Server and TM1 instance server. which account would be assigned to?
The exact path depends on which version of Windows your server is running under, but if you right click on the Computer icon and select "Manage" you should eventually get to the list of Windows services. Find the TM1 server service, right click on it and select "Properties". You'll find what you're looking for on the "Log On" tab.
"To them, equipment failure is terrifying. To me, it’s 'Tuesday.' "
-----------
Before posting, please check the documentation, the FAQ, the Search function and FOR THE LOVE OF GLUB the Request Guidelines.
deepakjain2020
Regular Participant
Version: 9.5.2; 10.2.2
Excel Version: 2007

Post by deepakjain2020 »

I am not aware of what impact it will have when we replace forward slash (/) with backward slash (\).
"\\servername/folder/file" with "\\servername\folder\file".

I have always been using backward slash.

Regards,
Deepak Jain