Olivier
Community Contributor
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: Tm1 10.2.2fp4 -> 2.09
Excel Version: Excel 2013 - 2019

Subset Editor Window management ?

Post by Olivier »

Hello everyone,
Glad to see that the community found a nice place to stay...

I am having this strategic request from my business users :)

They would like to get more control on the subset/dimension selection window that appears when you double click a dimension in a view as they get annoyed to have the subset editor window apprearing at the bottom of their screen or others non convenient location.

I am about to suggest the following procedure to them :
1 / Open a view
2 / double click a dimension
3 / Define the shape and position of the subset window that suit you
3 / Do your element selection and press OK
4 / double click another dimension, you shall remark that your subset editor window is exactly the same size and position then the last time you used it and pressed OK.
5 / Close the view

From now on the subset editor window shall appear with the last shape and position defined from any view.

Do you guys thinks this procedure makes sense ?

Is the subset editor window definition stored on the computer ? on the user account at server level ? Anywhere ?

Do you have other idea then a procedure to control best the subset editor window ?

Thanks for any suggestion,

Regards,

Olivier
HTH
Olivier
Andy Key
MVP
Version: 2.5 to PA
Excel Version: Lots

Re: Subset Editor Window management ?

Post by Andy Key »

Olivier,

I believe this information is encoded in the subed.tbd file in C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\Applix\TM1.

I know that when I have been using two monitors as an extended desktop and last opened the subset editor on the second monitor, then taken my laptop offsite without a second monitor, the only way to be able to see the subset editor again is to delete this file as the subset editor refuses to open anywhere other than in the non-existent desktop space.

It is perfectly safe to delete this, as TM1 will recreate it when it needs to. The same applies for the dimension editor and dimed.tbd.
Andy Key
Olivier
Community Contributor
Version: Tm1 10.2.2fp4 -> 2.09
Excel Version: Excel 2013 - 2019

Post by Olivier »

Hi Andy,

Thanks for your answer,

I tried to do some testing with deleting the "subed.tbd" file and try again to open my subset editor window,
it doesn t look to set the subset editor to default ?

I am not sure the information about the subset editor window is only stored at this location because it keep my last definition (Position and size) even if i delete the file, log off , shut down tm1 and log back in.

What does it do when you are deleting it and you haave your subset editor window out of screen ?
Does it put it back in your main screen just by deleting it "subed.tbd" ?

By the way i am using 9.1 sp2 up3. there might different behaviour between version i guess.

Regards,

Olivier
HTH
Olivier
Michel Zijlema
Site Admin
OLAP Product: TM1, PALO
Version: both 2.5 and higher
Excel Version: 2003-2007-2010

Post by Michel Zijlema »

Hi Oliver,

The tm1p.ini file contains the following parameters:
MainWindowLayoutInfo = n,n,n,n,n,n
SubsetWindowLayoutInfo = n,n,n,n,n,n
DimensionWindowLayoutInfo = n,n,n,n,n,n
From the Operations Guide:
Generates dimension and position coordinates for the ... window; allows dimensions and the window position to be maintained between sessions. The coordinates are automatically generated when you move or resize the Dimension Editor window.
Michel
Andy Key
MVP
Version: 2.5 to PA
Excel Version: Lots

Post by Andy Key »

Olivier,

When I've had this problem, I've deleted the dimed.tbd, subed.tbd and tm1p.ini at the same time, so it looks like I've been deleting more than I needed to. Like Michel says, the info is in the tm1p.ini, so I only needed to be deleting that.
Andy Key