Cognos report with summary rows - performance

deep750
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: TM1 10.2.2 FP7
Excel Version: 365

Cognos report with summary rows - performance

Post by deep750 »

Hello experts,
I'm a noob at creating reports with TM1 cubes as source (10.2.2 FP7), so guidance would be appreciated. I have a couple of years of experience of using Cognos framework packages and dynamic cubes, so i'm quite experienced at making reports with MDX -A colleague has made a summary cube, which I use as the source:
kilde.png
kilde.png (18.07 KiB) Viewed 1798 times
The report is a crosstab with a promptpage.
The prompts are made based on promptmacros put in the slicer:
#promptmany('pStillingskode','memberuniquename','
[Ressursanalyse].[Stillingskode].[Stillingskode].[Totalt]->:[TM].[Stillingskode].[Stillingskode].[@MEMBER].[Totalt Stillingskode]','set(','
[Ressursanalyse].[Stillingskode].[Stillingskode].[STILLINGSKODE]',')')#

The issue i'm experiencing is that the report takes around a second to run when I run it without the summary rows, but when I add summary rows it takes 2-3 minutes, with the exact same selection.
Do you guys have any advice?
edit: I have the same issues in Cognos 10.2.2 and CA 11.0.6
report_design.png
report_design.png (20.27 KiB) Viewed 1798 times
Steve Rowe
Site Admin
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: TM1 v6,v7,v8,v9,v10,v11+PAW
Excel Version: Nearly all of them

Re: Cognos report with summary rows - performance

Post by Steve Rowe »

I think that you need to perform more analysis so that you can determine where the performance hit is coming from.

Suggest you check the same report view in TM1 directly and check the performance there, then you will know if the issue is a TM1 one issue or relates to the query and tool you are using. I'm assuming your using Cognos Analytics?
Also check if the same view is always 2 minutes or just the first time, TM1 caches it's results so it being "slow" once is a different problem to it being "slow" every time.
Are you calculating the totals in CA or pulling the information from TM1?
Technical Director
www.infocat.co.uk