ardi
Community Contributor
OLAP Product: tm1, cognos bi
Version: from TM1 9.4 to PA 2.0.9.6
Excel Version: 2010

TM1Data Files are locked

Post by ardi »

Hi,

We are experiencing an weird issue with our TM1 model. This is a model that was developed 5-6 years ago, started with TM1 9.4, and we have upgraded many times since then and now we are on TM1 10.2.

Recently, a developer loaded the model in Performance Modeler, and I don't know if this is the cause of our issue. The files in TM1 Data folder ( RUX files, PRO files, CUB files etc ), cannot be copied, they are locked. We have admin rights on that folder, but we cannot copy of view ( from a text editor ) any of these files. THis is not happening in QA and other environment, only in DEV ( Performance Modeler is in DEV only ). When we look at these files in Windows Explorer, they show in green and if we check their properties ( Right click on the file name, Properties, Advanced ), the option "Encrypt contents to secure data" is selected. I tried to unselect that option, and it tells me you don't have permissions to do that eventhough I have admin rights on that server

Has anyone ever experienced this?
Thanks
Ardian Alikaj
jim wood
Site Admin
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: PA 2.0.7
Excel Version: Office 365

Re: TM1Data Files are locked

Post by jim wood »

I haven't seen this. Have you tried simply restarting the service?
Struggling through the quagmire of life to reach the other side of who knows where.
Shop at Amazon
Jimbo PC Builds on YouTube
ardi
Community Contributor
OLAP Product: tm1, cognos bi
Version: from TM1 9.4 to PA 2.0.9.6
Excel Version: 2010

Post by ardi »

Thanks Jim, yes we have tried restarting the service and still files remain locked even while the service is stopped. I am almost sure this was caused from Performance Modeler, i dont know if there is a way to undo whatever Performance Modeler did to our model. The developer was trying to implement an approval hierarchy and now i see tons of }tp_ objects in our model. ( cubes, dimensions, cell security cubes and also many }tp TI processes. Is there a clean way to remove all these objects? I always hated Performance Modeler

Thanks
Ardian Alikaj
jim wood
Site Admin
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: PA 2.0.7
Excel Version: Office 365

Post by jim wood »

It was probably caused by PM, but restarting the service should unlock them as with it down there is nothing to keep the lock. This to me tells me it's now a windows issue. It's retaining a lock for whatever caused it in teh first place. Is restarting the box a possibility? (Don't you just love windows.... not!!)
Struggling through the quagmire of life to reach the other side of who knows where.
Shop at Amazon
Jimbo PC Builds on YouTube