Picklists and Paste

Suggest and discuss enhancements for TM1
pmakulski
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 9.5.2
Excel Version: 2010

Picklists and Paste

Post by pmakulski »

I have a cube that has a number of picklists in it. They're mostly categorization things.

But once the picklist is on the cell, the only way to do input to the cell is to use the picklist.
I know that sounds stupid but ...
If I have 10 items that I need to categorize all the same category, I need to do them one at a time, which involves opening the drop dow2n and fishing the needed item out of the list. One of the lists is several dozen items long.

I'd like to be able to just copy a cell where I have already made the selection, then just paste it to another cell.
jim wood
Site Admin
Version: PA 2.0.7
Excel Version: Office 365

Re: Picklists and Paste

Post by jim wood »

I've moved this to the enhancement sub forum as this is more of enhancement request rather than a cry for help.
Struggling through the quagmire of life to reach the other side of who knows where.
Shop at Amazon
Jimbo PC Builds on YouTube
Steve Rowe
Site Admin
Version: TM1 v6,v7,v8,v9,v10,v11+PAW
Excel Version: Nearly all of them

Post by Steve Rowe »

If we are having a picklist enhancemnet thread then I'd like to be able to pick a blank when I point the picklist at a TM1 object like a subset.
Technical Director
www.infocat.co.uk
qml
MVP
OLAP Product: TM1 / Planning Analytics
Version: 2.0.9 and all previous
Excel Version: 2007 - 2016

Post by qml »

How about using TM1Tools? Last time I checked the "paste clipbord data to formulas" functionality worked quite nicely against cells with picklists.

Also, I believe it's possible to just paste any single value over a formula with a picklist and it should send the value without overwriting the formula. The only problem I noticed with this and using the TM1Tools functionality is that the picklist validation is not doing its job with pasting, so it's a way for sneaky users to go around the picklist validation and input "incorrect" data.

And - get this - it's even possible to clear values this way (just paste a string containing one space over your formula cell), although when using picklist the normal way it's generally impossible (unless these are static picklist with an empty value specifically listed in the definition).
Kamil Arendt