A Nameable Default View and Subset

Suggest and discuss enhancements for TM1
comma
OLAP Product: Cognos TM1
Version: 9.5.0 64-bit
Excel Version: 2003 SP3

A Nameable Default View and Subset

Post by comma »

I would like to have a default view and subset that could be named freely instead of just 'Default'.
Because you cannot tell what kind of a view or subset it is being just called 'Default'.

Instead of using the name to know which view is the default view, the system can use a small symbol, like the key symbol used for Private views and subsets.
Windows Server 2003 Enterprise x64
Windows XP Pro 2002 SP3
Internet Explorer 7
Alan Kirk
Site Admin
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: PA2.0.9.18 Classic NO PAW!
Excel Version: 2013 and Office 365

Re: A Nameable Default View and Subset

Post by Alan Kirk »

comma wrote:I would like to have a default view and subset that could be named freely instead of just 'Default'.
Because you cannot tell what kind of a view or subset it is being just called 'Default'.

Instead of using the name to know which view is the default view, the system can use a small symbol, like the key symbol used for Private views and subsets.
That doesn't sound like a bad idea. However if it were to be implemented I would hope (perhaps in vain) that it would be accompanied by functions across all aspects of the interface (worksheet, TI and API) which return the name of the default subsets (probably the default view name as well) so that other functions such as SubNM can use the name as needed.
"To them, equipment failure is terrifying. To me, it’s 'Tuesday.' "
-----------
Before posting, please check the documentation, the FAQ, the Search function and FOR THE LOVE OF GLUB the Request Guidelines.