Suggest and discuss enhancements for TM1
Steve Vincent
Site Admin
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 10.2.2 FP1
Excel Version: 2010

9.5 - Audit Logs - Ability to control what is recorded

Post by Steve Vincent »

Audit logging is going to be especially handy when we migrate to 9.5 but i need to be able to control what is / is not logged because some items are irrelevant and by logging them its creating massive logs that we don't need.

Attributes for instance - a change to an attribute value is a DATA transaction, not an AUDIT one. I can already log those via the usual route so why do i need to duplicate that in an audit log?

Some attribute values are changed via TI. i don't care about those changes because i know a TI alters them and i can go to the TI source if i have a query. I can turn data logging on / off via TI but there appears to be no such option for the audit logging. Result is huge files clogging up my drive and TM1 must be running slower as a result.

There needs to be an admin configurable way to decide what audit events are logged, otherwise i can see a lot of people just turning it off and all that good work by IBM goes to waste.
If this were a dictatorship, it would be a heck of a lot easier, just so long as I'm the dictator.
Production: Planning Analytics 64 bit 2.0.5, Windows 2016 Server. Excel 2016, IE11 for t'internet
lotsaram
MVP
OLAP Product: TableManager1
Version: PA 2.0.x
Excel Version: Office 365

Re: 9.5 - Audit Logs - Ability to control what is recorded

Post by lotsaram »

Wholeheartedly agree.

And for that matter how about being able to easily configure where the audit log gets written to (how about the logging directory?) rather than dumping it in the data directory!
sabha
OLAP Product: Cogons TM1
Version: 9.5.2
Excel Version: 2003

Re: 9.5 - Audit Logs - Ability to control what is recorded

Post by sabha »

Hi Steve, Did you get a solution on how to control what is written to the Audit Log?