Suggest and discuss enhancements for TM1
garry cook
Community Contributor
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: Various
Excel Version: Various

ExportView TI function

Post by garry cook »

I'd like a function that can run as part of a TI which will export out a view using arguments as per the right click "Export Data" option on a cube (ie, skip blank, skip consolidation, etc). At the second, you have to generate the view within TI then call a seperate TI to export it which is a pain and doesn't allow skip calcs, etc to be set without manual intervention.

Main usage - a standard view for export could be used running off two or more subsets which you could dynamically change in metadata thus changing the info selected from the view.
Sub Usage - creation of views within TI's could be exported whilst avoiding rule generated entries (you can't check the rule driven basis in TI to my knowledge).

eg, An overtime report which pulls out all employees within a consolidation could have a simple CreatebyMDX statement to cycle through a list of consolidations whilst also cycling through a selection of months. ExportView would be able to deal with that scenario with one line of code and avoid having to check for data in each cross section before exporting to a file. Would become more useful the more dimensions you are changing.

Maybe I'm alone on this one but there's been three occasions I can think of in the last month where I really wished this function existed.
ScottW
Regular Participant
OLAP Product: TM1 CX
Version: 9.5 9.4.1 9.1.4 9.0 8.4
Excel Version: 2003 2007

Re: ExportView TI function

Post by ScottW »

I'd like a function that can run as part of a TI which will export out a view
This can be achieved using ExecuteProcess() can it not? Admittedly you have to write it yourself as it isn't out of the box functionality. The only annoying/tedious bit is making the code flexible enough to cope with cubes with a large number of dimensions.
Cheers,
Scott W
Cubewise
www.cubewise.com
Steve Rowe
Site Admin
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: TM1 v6,v7,v8,v9,v10,v11+PAW
Excel Version: Nearly all of them

Re: ExportView TI function

Post by Steve Rowe »

You can also set the skip calc flags in the TI with 1 or 0s as the flag values, these have been around for a long time now...

ViewExtractSkipCalcsSet (CubeName, ViewName,SkipCons );
ViewExtractSkipZeroesSet (CubeName, ViewName, SkipZeros);
ViewExtractSkipRuleValuesSet (CubeName, ViewName, SkipCalcs);

I think you can already do everything you want to within TI, although it is a lot more wordy than ExportView could be.

Cheers
Technical Director
www.infocat.co.uk