Location of System Cubes

Suggest and discuss enhancements for TM1

Would you like to see System Cubes AFTER data cubes in Server Explorer?

Yes, sign me up at full forward!
67%
No, I like the data cubes to stay at half back.
No votes
I only turn system objects on when I need them. I like having a snooze when they load.
24%
Meh, I don't care.
10%

Total votes: 21

Alan Kirk
Site Admin
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: PA2.0.9.18 Classic NO PAW!
Excel Version: 2013 and Office 365

Location of System Cubes

Post by Alan Kirk »

We'll never get this, because of course IBM can't be bothered doing any more work on Perspectives so even raising this is like playing Fantasy Football and expecting to personally hold aloft the World Cup, but... am I the only one who thinks that it would be cool if the system cubes and dimensions appeared AFTER the data cubes so that you could still have the things switched on for easy access in Server Explorer but NOT have to wade through them on the more frequent occasions that you need to get to a data cube? (Yes, I know you can press the first key of the data cube to jump to (somewhere near) there, but it would be nice to have them already in your face, IMHO.)
"To them, equipment failure is terrifying. To me, it’s 'Tuesday.' "
-----------
Before posting, please check the documentation, the FAQ, the Search function and FOR THE LOVE OF GLUB the Request Guidelines.
jim wood
Site Admin
Version: PA 2.0.7
Excel Version: Office 365

Re: Location of System Cubes

Post by jim wood »

If you open up the }processes dimension all of the processes used for workflow etc come up first there as well. They should be at the bottom,

Jim.
Struggling through the quagmire of life to reach the other side of who knows where.
Shop at Amazon
Jimbo PC Builds on YouTube
TrevorGoss
Community Contributor
Version: 10.2.1.1
Excel Version: 14.0.6129.5000

Re: Location of System Cubes

Post by TrevorGoss »

If you open up the }processes dimension all of the processes used for workflow etc come up first there as well. They should be at the bottom
Quite right, it does it for the }cubes and }dimensions dimension, so why not }processes.

You could Sort the dimension order by Automatic and Name.