Suggest and discuss enhancements for TM1
gtonkin
MVP
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: Latest and greatest
Excel Version: Office 365 64-bit

RFE 73332-Filter TM1 objects in Perspective, PM and TM1 Web

Post by gtonkin »

When working with models with a large number of cubes, dimensions and processes, it we be very useful to be able to apply a filter to the list of objects being shown.

A model contain cubes for 20 business units. Each business unit's dimensions and cubes are prefixed with a 3 digit identifier.
The list of cubes, dimensions etc. could be filtered using an expression to show only the objects based on the filter.

RFE is here please vote if you think there is value to having this.
Last edited by gtonkin on Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
declanr
MVP
OLAP Product: Cognos TM1
Version: PA2.0 and most of the old ones
Excel Version: All of em

Re: RFE73332-Filter TM1 objects in Perspective, PM and TM1 W

Post by declanr »

Requires a somewhat manual side but the applications folders can be set up to break these out in to their groups.
Declan Rodger
gtonkin
MVP
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: Latest and greatest
Excel Version: Office 365 64-bit

Re: RFE73332-Filter TM1 objects in Perspective, PM and TM1 W

Post by gtonkin »

I am using application folders for the most part to organise the model and its workflow for the users, with security to show/hide where applicable.

I guess one example of my proposed RFE may be where you have various system views or subsets and wanted to exclude these where the user would normally see them e.g. ~S-XYZ Data Load. The user could apply an exclude filter of ~S* and never see these - I would not want to attempt building a security model to hide these - seems a bit OTT.

From a developer point of view faced with a model with 20 companies, each with multiple cubes, it would be useful to be able to include based on an expression e.g. XYZ*

Granted this is not a critical item but it would be nice to have.