Suggest and discuss enhancements for TM1
Steve Vincent
Site Admin
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 10.2.2 FP1
Excel Version: 2010

Chore Parameter Passing

Post by Steve Vincent »

If a TI has user-defined parameters to prompt for information before it runs (say, Month/Year) it's useless if you wish to add it to a chore. The chore insists on a "default value" for any paramters, but the whole point of putting them in a TI is to prompt for a different value each time its run. The chore never prompts for the value, it only uses the default, making it a waste of effort.

I have numerous TIs that need to be run post-monthly dataload. I'd like to put them all in a single chore and have the chore prompt the user for the values. This means nothing will get missed at month end, which is easily possible in the current situation.

I *can* create a value somewhere that holds the information it needs, but that's not very user-interactive and again easy to be missed.
If this were a dictatorship, it would be a heck of a lot easier, just so long as I'm the dictator.
Production: Planning Analytics 64 bit 2.0.5, Windows 2016 Server. Excel 2016, IE11 for t'internet
Steve Rowe
Site Admin
Version: TM1 v6,v7,v8,v9,v10,v11+PAW
Excel Version: Nearly all of them

Re: Chore Parameter Passing

Post by Steve Rowe »

If you aren't scheduling the chore and since you want to change the parameters at run time I don't think you can be, can't you change to an Execute Process aprroach which will prompt you for parameter inputs?
Technical Director
www.infocat.co.uk
Steve Vincent
Site Admin
Version: 10.2.2 FP1
Excel Version: 2010

Re: Chore Parameter Passing

Post by Steve Vincent »

I do that already, but i don't like that method of running multiple TIs - i prefer the chore as its more transparent in what it's doing. In the end they have just implimented that part of the chore poorly, and if different TIs need different parameters passing then it's not much help.
If this were a dictatorship, it would be a heck of a lot easier, just so long as I'm the dictator.
Production: Planning Analytics 64 bit 2.0.5, Windows 2016 Server. Excel 2016, IE11 for t'internet