Post bug reports and the status of reported bugs
lotsaram
MVP
OLAP Product: TableManager1
Version: PA 2.0.x
Excel Version: Office 365

Can't convert DBRW to DBSW

Post by lotsaram »

I just came across a new bug in perspectives which I think is new to PA. I see the below describes behaviour using Excel 2010 but it is the normal behaviour using Office365 latest version of Excel.

If a cell already contains a DBRW formula then if you change the formula to a DBSW or DBS then on enter the value will be updated but the formula will be converted back to DBRW.

Before if you wanted to change cells from DBRW to DBSW it was easy. You could just take a slice or existing report with DBRW, change one cell then copy the formula down or across. Now you can’t. Even if you have a whole range of DBSW and try and paste it over a range of DBRW it doesn’t work! The only way to convert cvells from DBRW to DBSW is to first DELETE the existing formulas, then write the DBS from scratch then copy it in.

I no longer have a copy of 10.2.2 to test on but I'm positive I haven't ever seen this behaviour before. It would be good if someone (or someones) could confirm...
- no this behaviour doesn't exist in 10.2.2
- you can replicate in v11 (I'm using PA 2.0.5 which is TM1 11.3.00000.27). I am able to replicate in 2.0.5 using any TM1 model
Please place all requests for help in a public thread. I will not answer PMs requesting assistance.
TJMurphy
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: PA 2.0.6 Local
Excel Version: Excel 2016

Re: Can't convert DBRW to DBSW

Post by TJMurphy »

Hi, we do not see this behaviour on 10.2.2 FP5 on Excel 2016 in our environment. Would be a royal pain as we use it this way a lot.
Wim Gielis
MVP
OLAP Product: TM1, Jedox
Version: PAL 2.0.9.18
Excel Version: Microsoft 365

Post by Wim Gielis »

Hello Lotsaram,

I cannot reproduce this in Excel 2016 (Office 365, 32 bits) and PA 2.0.5 on my laptop with Windows 10.
Not sure I am doig this right. I take a slice of level 0 cells, the slice contains 2 cells.
I type 2 values below the cells with the DBRW formulas, and change the DBRW formula of the first cell to =DBSW( and point fro the first argument to a cell below with a dummy value I entered.
I hit Enter and the DBSW remains as I would expect.
I fill the formula of the DBSW to the right, the second cell then takes the other dummy value and also stays as DBSW.

Copy/paste DBSW formulas over DBRW formulas makes the DBRW formulas disappear.

Calculations are on automatic in Excel.
Best regards,

Wim Gielis

IBM Champion 2024
Excel Most Valuable Professional, 2011-2014
https://www.wimgielis.com ==> 121 TM1 articles and a lot of custom code
Newest blog article: Deleting elements quickly
lotsaram
MVP
OLAP Product: TableManager1
Version: PA 2.0.x
Excel Version: Office 365

Post by lotsaram »

Wim Gielis wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:57 pm I cannot reproduce this in Excel 2016 (Office 365, 32 bits) and PA 2.0.5 on my laptop with Windows 10.
Yes with Excel 2016 / Office365 it is working for me also. The issue occurs with Excel 2010 (which is still used by a few customers, mainly the larger ones). But given Excel 2010 is on limited support I'm not realistically expecting any fix.
Please place all requests for help in a public thread. I will not answer PMs requesting assistance.
Wim Gielis
MVP
OLAP Product: TM1, Jedox
Version: PAL 2.0.9.18
Excel Version: Microsoft 365

Post by Wim Gielis »

Oh, I did not see the 2016 and I cannot test with 2010.
Best regards,

Wim Gielis

IBM Champion 2024
Excel Most Valuable Professional, 2011-2014
https://www.wimgielis.com ==> 121 TM1 articles and a lot of custom code
Newest blog article: Deleting elements quickly