TM1 named levels not showing up in Report Studio

Post Reply
User avatar
Michel Zijlema
Site Admin
Posts: 700
Joined: Wed May 14, 2008 5:22 am
OLAP Product: TM1, PALO
Version: both 2.5 and higher
Excel Version: 2003-2007-2010
Location: Netherlands
Contact:

TM1 named levels not showing up in Report Studio

Post by Michel Zijlema » Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:55 am

I'm running into a problem where some users can't see all named levels on a TM1 datasource in Report Studio. It looks like some kind of caching problem.
The named levels have been defined in the }HierarchyProperties cube. A package has been created using a TM1 cube as a datasource. When I connect to this package from Report Studio I can see all named levels. This is also true (so far...) for all users connecting to this package for the first time. But users that already were working on reports using this package only see the named levels that were available when they first time connected to it - all named levels that have been added later on are not visible/available (even when they log out/in and create a new report). When I save a report using the named levels and one of the 'problem users' opens this report, this user will receive an error message stating that the named level could not be found (reference error).

Has any one else experienced this and found a solution for this issue?

TIA, Michel

User avatar
mce
Community Contributor
Posts: 260
Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:01 pm
OLAP Product: Cognos TM1
Version: TM1 10.2
Excel Version: 2010 2013
Location: Istanbul, Turkey

Re: TM1 named levels not showing up in Report Studio

Post by mce » Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:04 am

Try running the following via Turbo Integrator in TM1

Code: Select all

RefreshMDXHierarchy('');

User avatar
Michel Zijlema
Site Admin
Posts: 700
Joined: Wed May 14, 2008 5:22 am
OLAP Product: TM1, PALO
Version: both 2.5 and higher
Excel Version: 2003-2007-2010
Location: Netherlands
Contact:

Re: TM1 named levels not showing up in Report Studio

Post by Michel Zijlema » Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:13 am

mce wrote:Try running the following via Turbo Integrator in TM1

Code: Select all

RefreshMDXHierarchy('');
I did not mention this in my initial post, but I did run the RefreshMDXHierarchy code on all relevant dimensions. As said, I can see the named levels, as do all users connecting for the first time, but users who connected before still see the old situation.

We just tested with one of the 'problem users' connecting to a new created package and in this package the user sees the named levels. So it looks like that a package re-publish is required to get the named levels available to all users...

Michel

User avatar
mce
Community Contributor
Posts: 260
Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:01 pm
OLAP Product: Cognos TM1
Version: TM1 10.2
Excel Version: 2010 2013
Location: Istanbul, Turkey

Re: TM1 named levels not showing up in Report Studio

Post by mce » Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:20 am

Michel Zijlema wrote: It looks like some kind of caching problem.
did you try restarting TM1 server? if not helped, restarting BI server?

User avatar
Michel Zijlema
Site Admin
Posts: 700
Joined: Wed May 14, 2008 5:22 am
OLAP Product: TM1, PALO
Version: both 2.5 and higher
Excel Version: 2003-2007-2010
Location: Netherlands
Contact:

Re: TM1 named levels not showing up in Report Studio

Post by Michel Zijlema » Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:02 pm

mce wrote:
Michel Zijlema wrote: It looks like some kind of caching problem.
did you try restarting TM1 server? if not helped, restarting BI server?
Recreating the package seems to help. This is not the solution I'm looking for, but I think bouncing either server would be an even worse solution (with regards to availability). Apart from this, in the regarding environment I'm not authorized to bounce servers...

Michel

tsw
Posts: 34
Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:14 am
OLAP Product: TM1, PowerPlay, Transformer
Version: 10.1.1
Excel Version: 2013

Re: TM1 named levels not showing up in Report Studio

Post by tsw » Wed Dec 24, 2014 6:34 pm

I know this is old... but I found that if you run your dimensions' TI update processes that were missing the level hierarchyproperties info, followed immediately by a TI process to call RefreshMdxHierarchy(''), you don't have to restart the server.
I'm on 10.1.1

Hopefully this helps someone

Post Reply